Bob Yovovich helps businesses and not-for-profit organizations develop and execute innovative thought-leadership and content-marketing initiatives that effectively connect with their key audiences and constituencies.
This includes working with organizations to
- Help their subject-matter experts identify often-unrecognized key insights, innovations, and knowledge assets that will be valuable to their top-priority audiences,
- Develop compelling thought-leadership and content-marketing materials that are based on that intellectual capital, and
- Put together and execute programs that will effectively deliver those materials to key constituencies via high-leverage communications tools and channels.
Representative consulting, thought-leadership, and content-marketing clients include: Economist Intelligence Unit, Crain Communications, AT&T, Monster.com, Huron Consulting, Chicago Community Trust, State of Illinois, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, NEC North America, Accenture, Aginity, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Global Chicago.
Mr. Yovovich also has worked with many startups. For instance, as part of the services for Huron Consulting, he worked directly with the company's corporate counsel to produce the "thought leadership" portion of Initial Public Offering documents that were used in the company's very successful IPO.
For his consulting work, Mr. Yovovich draws on extensive experience as an award-winning journalist and author. This work particularly has focused on content for C-level audiences and on issues relating to technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship -- especially the identification and monitoring of crucial early signals, emerging trends and next practices.
This special focus on innovation and entrepreneurship has led to significant involvement with the launches of new publications and media ventures, including
- Crain’s Chicago Business – Member of launch team and author of "Frontiers" column, which dealt with innovative business ideas and strategies,
- INC Magazine –Member of launch team and serving as Midwest correspondent for the magazine,
- CIO Magazine – Member of launch team and author of cover story for the magazine's premier issue, as well as many other features and cover stories.
He also has been a regular columnist and contributor about leading-edge and innovation-related topics for a variety of publications, including
- Advertising Age and BtoB Magazine – serving as Senior Editor and author of the "Strategic Edge" column
- Editor & Publisher magazine – author of "Webtrend Watch" and “Net Prophets” columns,
- Adweek and Marketing Week – author of regular columns and articles on leading-edge and innovation-related topics.
More generally, his work has appeared in a wide range of other publications and online media, including
- Leading newspapers: New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun Times, and many others.
- Leading business and technology publications: Workforce Management, Risk & Insurance Magazine, Human Resource Executive, Project Management Network, Planning Magazine, Marketing News, and many others.
Mr. Yovovich also has authored two books in which change and innovation are central themes:
- New Marketing Imperatives: Innovative Strategies for Today’s Marketing Challenges (Prentice Hall, 1995).
- CHICAGO: The Next Frontier (Windsor Publications, 1989).